The mission of the International Relationships
Department is promoting the creation, the development and the maintenance
of relationships between the Faculty of Medicine of Marseille and
the hospital-university structures abroad.
of the department are the following :
| Reception of foreign physicians and students
International Relationships Department manages the receptions
of foreign physicians in the context of hospital-university agreements,
of trainings of specializations or in the European context.
the context of a hospital rotation ( in quality of
observer) or of research in laboratory
reception is dedicated to physicians-teacher- researcher, who
come from establishments with which the Faculty of Medicine keeps
alive institutional collaborations.
These physicians-teacher -researcher, can benefit from a grant
- from improvement A.U.F .
- from their government
- from the French government
the context of a SOCRATES
/ ERASMUS bilateral
agreement (mobility for the teachers : OM/T)
- The reception is dedicated to teachers from Universities.
the context of Diplomas of specialized medical training (Diplômes de Formation Médicale Spécialisée ; DFMS) Diplomas of additional specialized medical training (Diplômes de Formation Médicale Spécialisée Approfondie ; DFMSA).
- From 1 to 3 years, the reception in DFMS, is designed for foreign physicians, other than European Union nationals and Andorrans who have a medical diploma which permits them to practice in their home country and in course of specialized formation. From 6 months to 1 year, the reception in DFMSA, dedicated to physicians who Diploma designed for foreign physicians, other than European Union nationals and Andorrans who have a medical specialist diploma which permits them to practice the speciality in their home country, except those who have yet obtained one or more former Attestation de Formation Spécialisée Approfondie. Modalities
the context of a hospital rotation (in quality of
- The reception is dedicated to 2 nd and 3rd cycle students,
who come from establishments with which the Faculty of Medicine
keeps alive institutional collaborations.
the context of a SOCRATES
/ ERASMUS bilateral agreement
with validation of ECTS
- The reception is dedicated to students who have finished their
1st university study year and who are citizens of the 25 European
Union members States, of Iceland, of Liechtenstein, of Norway,
of Bulgaria, of Romania and of Turkey.
the context of the L.M.D. with validation of ECTS
| Missions and rotations abroad
International Relationships Department of the Faculty of Medicine
of Marseille can be consulted by the students and the teachers
of the Faculty, for their “mobility” in the foreign
hospital-university structures or in the context of teaching,
research or care missions.
The “mobility” of
the French students in medicine is limited by the structure
of their cursus. Nevertheless, the Faculty of Medicine of Marseille,
in agreement with the Assistance
Publique – Hôpitaux de Marseille , allowed summer
rotations abroad for the DCEM 2 students, towards different destinations
all round the world.
| International collaboration
actions have been developed, in particular in the context of
the international leaf of the quadriennal contract of establishment.
The frame agreements, initiated by the Mediterranean
University and put under the aegis of the Ministry
of the Foreign Affaires , are established for 5 years. Co–firmed
by the two university partner instances, they are always completed,
for the Faculty of Medicine, with a tripartite annexe uniting
the Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux
de Marseille and the foreign partner institution.
These agreements cover various research, formation, expertise
or help to the hospital-university structuration actions.
geographic axis are the following : Mediterranean
Perimeter, Europe, P.E.C.O. - N.E.I., Southeast Asia, Subsaharian
Africa, South America and North America.